Welcome to our website.
This website is owned by Ethereal LLC, a Florida Limited Liability Company. The terms “Ethereal LLC”, “us”, or “we” refers to the owner of the website HistoryScholar.co.uk. The terms “our website” or “this website” refers to the website address website address is: http://historyscholar.co.ukm. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- All content on HistoryScholar.co.uk, excepting where otherwise stated, is the intellectual property of Ethereal LLC and may not be reproduced without permission.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
What is PII?
PII is described in United States legal fields as information that can be used on its own, or with other information, to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
What personal information do we collect and when do we collect it?
We only have access to and the right to collect information which you voluntarily give us. This may be collected via email, via contact form, via subscription to our newsletter, or via any other direct contact from you.
How do we use your information?
We will use your PII, such as your email address, to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Do we pass your information on to third parties?
No. Ethereal LLC is the sole user of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, rent, license, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information, unless we provide users with advance notice. This disclaimer does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist in operating this website. In such cases these parties will agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release PII when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Advertisement and Monetization Notice
This website uses Google Adsense to serve advertisements throughout this website. Google’s advertising requirements for advertising on the Google Network are summarized in their Google Ads policies, which can be accessed here. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you by using the Google Ad Settings page.
Use of Affiliate Links
Our website uses Amazon affiliate links. Such links most commonly appear in our recommendations for further reading. If you care to purchase any of the items with these links, we will receive a small commission. This does not change the price of the item in any way, however it helps to support the work that we do for The History Scholar. We are not paid or asked to use these links, and we only recommend the items that we find useful and interesting.
Fair Use Notice
When selecting images to use in articles, an exhaustive effort to either avoid copyrighted content outright or credit the original copyright owners is always made. That being said, HistoryScholar.co.uk may contain copyrighted material which may not have been specifically authorized for use by the original owner. In all cases, such material will have been used as part of original reportage, commentary and critique for the purpose of research and education. As such, this constitutes a “fair use” of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in Section 107 of U.S. Copyright Law.
…the fair use of a copyrighted work […] for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
If the origin of an image is not stated, then it is either the property of Ethereal LLC, or used according to a license which does not require attribution (such as CC0 Public Domain). Most of the Public Domain images we use are sourced using Pixabay and the Wikimedia Commons.